Monday, May 13, 2013

EDGE OF NOWHERE


Thrifted Dress / Thrifted Belt / Thrifted DIY Belted Boots / Brother's Aviator Sunglasses / DIY Wire Necklacke / Urban Outfitters Stag Necklace


It was nearly 87 degrees today which is way too hot for spring & way too hot for me! I'm absolutely a bitter cold winter kind of girl, anything above 70 degrees & I'm utterly miserable. I opted for a light & airy dress to survive the heat as I longboarded around my neighborhood out on the edge of nowhere. I love the open fields & powerlines, it's nice to be so removed from everything & just have some space for peace & quiet. Well mostly quiet, some nights I'm kept up by the sounds of cows mooing & maybe that doesn't sound so bad but if you think that then you definitely have never heard a herd of cows when they really get crazy. 

A few nights ago I was bored out of my mind so I took a trip to the thrift store looking for an upcycling project. I found a plain pair of black boots & thought about wrapping them in thick chains, but realizing how heavy that'd be I decided on belts instead. I thought about making a tutorial, but they're super easy to make so I'm sure you can figure it out. All I did was get six different belts & wrapped them around the base of the boot. Try playing around with how tight/loose each belt is to get a nice layered look. Then just cut off the extra tail of the belt! I love big clunky boots & this pair may just be my new favorite! The dress was a little too shapeless for my liking, plus the length covered up my boots, so I safety pinned it up to create a shorter hemline & add a little drapery. I've also really been digging choker necklaces lately so I wrapped some gold jewelry wire around my neck, which probably isn't the safest thing to do, but hey it looks really cute! 

1 comment:

  1. I love those boots!!!! You are so creative. Make me a pair of those boots!

    ReplyDelete