Monday, October 15, 2012

HAZE

Thrifted Sweater / Forever 21 Skirt / Thrifted Boots

I spent all day at the office, designing business cards for work and then staying late to get some design work done for Paradox. Just one day left until the new collection launches this Wednesday! The weather app on my phone described today as "Hazy Sunshine" which I thought would be a totally awesome name for a kid. And ever since I woke up this morning I've been in a Jimi Hendrix mood, listened to him all day! My boss remarked "Stop Purple Hazing it!" after I listened to that song over and over and over again. So even though I feel like this outfit is 60's mod meets Clueless prep, I'm calling it Haze because it's been that kind of day.

I wore this thrifted sweater in my last post and I didn't even realize it when I took these photos ("Lizzie McGuire  you are an outfit repeater!") I got this skirt two years ago, wore it once, and then lost it! But I found it again in an old bag of clothes in my basement right before I moved to California, so I packed it and I'm so lucky to have this little number back in my life. And I've been loving these boots all month, and they're now stained with car grease and ripped and there's a big blue dot above the heel. All of my clothes get this way, worn in and a bit fucked up, but that's the way I like it! I've been washing my hair less and wearing less make-up, totally embracing the girly grunge that defines my style.


Also, I pulled a Miley Cyrus today trying to ride my bike in a short tight skirt. There really is no lady-like way to do it!

2 comments:

  1. s/o to ma gurl miley
    and I'M THE so EXCITED FOR YOUR NEW LINE lemme just tell ya that.
    (p.s. now that I figured out how to comment on these, expect me to just be obnoxious on pretty much all of these posts )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good! I love that skirt. I also enjoyed your Lizzie McGuire reference haha

    ReplyDelete