Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PROJECT STYLE 2012

My Best Friend's Closet Striped Shirt (Cut Into A Crop Top) / American Eagle Boy Cut Jeans / Francesca's Boots / Charming Charlie Rings + Peter Pan Collar + Purse / Hot Topic Lipstick + Nail Polish
I'm a semi-finalist in a fashion competition called Project Style, it's a contest hosted through the television show Project Runway. I first had to submit a picture and answer a questionnaire about my personal style, fashion experience, favorite designer, etc. Then out of all the entrees they pick two semi-finalist for each round and there are four rounds total, I'm competing against one other girl in the last round. Then, each winner from the four rounds will compete in September for a $1,000 shopping spree and a chance to go to New York Fashion Week in the spring. 

I was given a $150 gift card to style this outfit, the point of the contest is really to promote the mall and show how much bang you can get for your buck and still look trendy. The part that's hilarious to me is that never in my life have I spent $150 on a single outfit, it's more like $8 at the thrift store. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't so sure what kind of outfit I'd be able to pull together because I honestly don't shop at any of the stores in the mall I had a gift card to. I enjoyed the challenge though and the experience definitely opened my eyes to some great stuff, like the fact that Charming Charlie has some really fucking unique jewelry and it is so cheap! I'm slightly terrified of looking too manly, especially since I cut my hair short I feel the need to overcompensate by being very feminine (yet I still get called a boy all the time, ugh!) However, I really wanted to try something different since I had an opportunity to get some free stuff anyway, if I never wore the items again then no harm no foul, right? Right, because as it turns out I actually am totally in love with these boy fit jeans. And don't even get me started on the boots, they'll definitely be a staple in my fall wardrobe. The purse looked really square and structured when it was on display, but as soon as I took the stuffing out it deflated into just a regular ol' black bag, so I think I'll try adding a cardboard insert into the bottom to get back that boxy shape.

Another great thing about this shopping trip? I met a really cute guy who just started working at Hot Topic. Looks like I'll be needing a lot of new body jewelry and nail polish, you know, just so I can drool over this perfect god while he rings me out at the register.

Anyways, it'd be really really super fucking cool if you guys would vote for me here:
You can only vote once per day and voting ends August 30th. It'd mean more to me than I could even possibly express, especially because the voting process is a pain in the ass since you have to create an account. But please oh please, help me out?

1 comment:

  1. I love your boyfriend jeans. I wish I could pull them off as well as you can. Of course I'll be voting for you everyday!!

    ReplyDelete