Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MAYBE MINE


Thrifted Silk Nightgown With Lace Detailing / Forever 21 Striped Maxi Dress / Urban Outfitters Leaves Necklace / I Honestly Forgot Where I Picked Up The Heels, Probably Thrifted

I'm a semi-finalist in a fashion competition and today I had a meeting with the director of the competition so I felt like it'd be the perfect occasion to dress up a little bit. Lately I've been obsessed with wearing vintage night wear as dressy pieces, the dark silk and breast/shoulder lace detail is just so sophisticated and lingerie usually has a sexy silhouette, like the soaring thigh high slits on this little number, which instantly ups the femme of any outfit. The 20's inspired ankle tied heels are a staple in my wardrobe because they're SO comfortable to wear (I'll work entire eight hour shifts in these babies!) and because they're black and have that vintage feel they are so easy to pair with a variety of ensembles. I really love dressing up, but after a long day I kicked off my heels and dress and opted for a bleached tank and studded punk jacket for my late night adventures. 

Check out "Maybe Mine" by Good Old War. I've been listening to it all night- relevant to my life in so many ways right now.


I've been chasing you around
When I go up, you're down
I'm tired of fooling around
Hope you're life is better now

You want to run from...
I can't give up on...
all of my dreams
Hope they don't leave me too
How long will it take?

I already said, "I do"
I liked myself with you
but you think it's worthless for whatever reasons

All of my friends
Hope they don't leave me too
How long will it take
for you

I have been here
and you've done what you want
Call if you want to
hide when you don't
I don't care

All of your dreams
Hope they don't leave you too
And when no one else sees
I see only you
How long will it take?


1 comment: