Sunday, May 4, 2014

WICKED STRONG.




My mama & I have always enjoyed sipping Mint Juleps & watching the Kentucky Derby but this year we were going to a rooftop party & had to make hats for the occasion, of course. I just love any chance to dress up as a total diva & over the top extravagant hats are a girl's dream come true. I wanted to dress up prim & proper as tradition calls, but of course I wanted to add my own weird twist. I decided to wear one of my favorite dresses, so fancy but with marijuana leaves on it! I found that giant googly eye at the craft store & was so amazed by it that I just had to utilize it! I loved the polka dot tulle that hung down like a veil, I felt so mysterious & elegant! We had a lot of fun at the party & my mom got to meet her favorite radio DJ, Jamie White. She liked my mom so much she bought her a drink, which was the highlight of my mom's year! The horse I was rooting for, Wicked Strong, didn't win but it was still one hell of a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment