Thursday, May 8, 2014

#GIRLBOSS



URBAN OUTFITTERS NEWSBOY HAT / FOREVER 21 STRIPED CROP TOP / EX-BOYFRIEND'S SUSPENDERS / THRIFTED GIORGIO ARMANI HIGH-WAISTED TROUSERS / THRIFTED TRIBAL PRINT SPORTS COAT / GIFTED FLATS / REBELLELION CLAW NECKLACE + RINGS

Had to go downtown early this morning for a meeting at work, then I stopped by the Tattered Cover to pick up a copy of #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso. Sophia is the CEO & founder of NastyGal, a 100 million dollar company that had it's humble beginnings when Sophia was 22 & living in her mom's house & selling vintage clothing on Ebay. Sounds very familiar... although my store isn't worth 100 million dollars, at least not yet! I'm hopelessly inspired by Sophia & we have so many things in common that I'm feeling more confident than ever that I can make my own store a success as long as I keep focused. I'm aiming to relaunch the store this summer with my sister & I couldn't be more excited. We have a new name, Rebellelion, & new brand vision that's going to fucking rock this world.

I don't have the nickname Mad Hatter for nothing, I love me a good cap! Especially since I've made the switch to being shampoo free & my hair is still pretty greasy as the PH balance of my scalp transitions, nothing saves the day like a hat to cover the mess. I'm obsessed with crop tops this season (who isn't!?) & stripes will always be my favorite. In fact, when my boss was taking roll call at the meeting this morning she said, "I see stripes so I know Madi is here!" The suspenders I've held hostage from an ex-boyfriend, sucks for him. The high-waisted bow trousers are a true gem. I was thrifting one day when a woman approached me & handed me these trousers, "They're too small for me so you have to take these, they're perfect for you." Boy was she right! Not only am I trouser's biggest fan, but they're Giorgio Armani! Talk about a steal! The colorful tribal print sports coat is another thrift store treasure, I've literally had people on the streets offer to buy it off my back! But no deal, this baby is for my closet only. The flats were a gift from my dear friend Anatalia, not only are they comfortable but the pointed toe is so chic! The pearl+claw necklace & all of the rings will be for sale this summer on Rebellelion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment